Sunday, January 24, 2010

Vocabulary: way, far, much

  • I drank way too much.
  • I drank far too much.
  • I drank much too much.

    These sentences all have the same meaning. You can use them with 'too ___' to make it stronger. It's not just a little too much, it's a *lot*.

    Yesterday I wasted far too much time. I didn't finish enough of my assignments. So today, my job was way too busy. I had far too many tasks to finish.

    You can also use this with comparatives.

  • He is way better than her.
  • I work far harder than they do.
  • It's much bigger than my last house.

    'way' is slang and sounds way more casual than the other two. ^_^

    Okay, so how about you? Is there something you're way better at than someone else? Is there something do far too much of? For me, I drink way too much coffee. I am addicted. ^^;
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment